Pau Broadband Country FTTH by the numbers:
- more than 600 new jobs created since 2005
- for a 140,000 inhabitants area
- with 10,000 active subscribers to date
- on 50,000 households passed
- out of 57,000 planned
- over a 15-years leasing contract
- representing an investment of 35 Million euros
- including 15 Millions euro financed by the network infrastructure operator
- and 20 Millions financed by the Pau Greater Area collectivity
Which means a total investment by each and every citizen of the Pau Greater Area of 143.00 EUR over 15 years.
In other words: less than 10 euros per year over 15 years, to get the most advanced Fiber-To-The-Home network in Southern Europe (which starts south of Frankfurt ;-) and help the creation of hundreds of new jobs in new industries. Who said FTTH has to be expensive ?...
post-scriptum: The PBC Pau Broadband Country is the mother of all Muni FTTH network on the planet. Everyone interested or involved in this topic should study PBC carefully, and in depth. Learnings are just amazingly surprising. Positively surprising.